Cloudpermit allows users to send and receive messages inside the application. The in-built Messaging workspace is accessible from the Cloudpermit Dashboard header, workspace card, and workspace header.
The Messaging workspace allows involved stakeholders to communicate in Building and Planning applications. Users can send public messages (Public) to which all parties may contribute. Users can also send direct messages (Direct) to selected recipients in the application. The Public workspace is the default. Users can easily switch to the Direct tab by selecting it from the workspace header.
The Cloudpermit users have three options to enter the application's Messaging workspace in Cloudpermit. Those are described in this article.
Entering the Messaging workspace from the Cloudpermit header
- Click Messages in the Cloudpermit header.
- Select (click) the application under Messages which Messaging workspace you wish to enter.
- The workspace opens on the right. The Public workspace is selected by default. Switch to the Direct message workspace by clicking the Direct tab.
- You can reply to the existing message thread (click Reply) or start a new message thread by entering the message in the text field at the bottom of the workspace and clicking the arrow to send it.
Entering the Messaging workspace from the application's workspace card
- Filter applications in Search and select the application under Results in your Dashboard.
- Click the Messages icon (conversations) on the workspace card. The icon has a red spot if you have unread messages in the application.
- The workspace view opens. The Public workspace tab is selected by default. You can switch to the Direct workspace message view by clicking the Direct tab.
- Reply to the existing message thread or start a new message thread by entering your message in the text field at the bottom of the workspace. Click the arrow to send the message.
Entering the Messaging workspace from the selected application's workspace header
- Click the Show messages hyperlink in the workspace header.
- The workspace view opens. Follow the previously mentioned steps to start your messaging.