Cloudpermit allows users to send and receive messages in the application. The in-built Messaging workspace is accessible from the Dashboard header, workspace card, and workspace header of applications. The Messaging workspace allows all involved stakeholders to communicate within the application.
Cloudpermit users can send direct messages to selected recipients in the application. However, currently, the functionality does not allow sending messages to multiple parties. Even though direct messages are intended for user-selected recipients, like authorities or property owners, all municipal authorities within the department can access plain message threads, so they should not be considered private messages. However, all parties only view the direct message threads in which they are either senders or recipients.
Before sending a direct message, ensure you have invited the person to collaborate in your application, and your invitation has been accepted. Read more about inviting stakeholders to your application in the folder Party Invitations.
- Navigate to the Messaging portal in your application.
- Click the Direct tab in the workspace.
- Select the recipient from the drop-down menu under Send a new direct message. All parties who have accepted your party invitation are included in the selection.
- Type your message in the text field at the bottom of the view and click the arrow to send it over.
- The sent message will appear at the top of the messages workspace.
- Once the Recipient replies to your message, the response will show in the same message thread under the Direct tab.
- Click Reply.
- Write your response and click the arrow to send it.