Cloudpermit allows users to send and receive messages in the application. The in-built Messaging workspace is accessible from the Dashboard header, workspace card, and workspace header of applications. The Messaging workspace allows all involved stakeholders to communicate in the application.
Cloudpermit provides an ability to send direct messages to selected recipients in the application. Even though direct messages are intended for a user-selected recipient, like Authorities, Property Owners, Designers, etc., all local government authorities within the department can access direct message threads. However, parties to the application can only view the direct message threads in which they are either senders or recipients.
Before sending a direct message, ensure you have invited the person to collaborate in your application, and your invitation has been accepted. Read more about inviting stakeholders to your application in the folder Party Invitations.
This section will teach you how to send and reply to a direct message in Cloudpermit.
- Navigate to the Messaging portal either from the workspace card (in Results) or the workspace header of the application (Show messages).
- Direct messages are intended for a selected person within the application.
- Click Direct in the message workspace.
- Select the Recipient from the Send a New Direct Message drop-down menu.
- Type your message into the text field and send it over by clicking the arrow on the right of the text field.
- The message is now sent to the Recipient.
- After the Recipient has replied to the message, the response will show in the same message thread.
- Select the message thread and click Reply.
- Type the message and send it over by clicking the arrow.