Cloudpermit automatically notifies applicants via email after the inspector has completed the on-site inspection. This email includes the inspection report in PDF format. This PDF report contains a list of possible orders, deficiencies, and remarks recorded by the inspector during the inspection.
The inspection report PDF is also available in the "All Visits" section of the inspection request workspace. You can access the workspace by going to the "Inspections" section of the "Work & Construction" workspace, selecting the inspection request, and clicking the "OPEN" link.
If the inspector makes a remark, the inspection is usually passed. If the inspector records a deficiency, the inspection will fail. After correcting the deficiency, applicants must request a new site visit to prove the deficiency has been duly corrected.
- You have received an email from Cloudpermit that states the inspection visit is complete. The email includes the inspection report PDF. Enter the application by following the instructions in the email.
- You can find the same information in your application. Scroll to the "Inspections" section in the "Work & Construction workspace and expand the inspections section.
- Select the inspection request and click the "OPEN" link to enter the inspection workspace view.
- You will enter the inspection workspace view.
- Scroll to "Deficiencies & Remarks."This section contains all deficiencies and remarks noted during the on-site inspection. The inspection is usually passed if there are only remarks reported. However, if any defects are found during the inspection, the visit will be failed. Once the applicant has corrected the recorded deficiency, a new site visit is required to demonstrate the corrections.
- Inspectors may also have uploaded photos about their findings on-site in the "Photos" section.
- The inspection report PDF is saved and downloadable in the "All Visits" section.