The pre-consultation is usually required before submitting a planning approval. An Applicant will start creating an application in Cloudpermit. After selecting the Planning approval for the application type, Cloudpermit will guide the Applicant to the pre-consultation request. The request allows applicants to add project data, plans, and documents that may help the municipal planning authorities understand the project.
After pre-consultation, applicants should clearly understand the planning approval process and approval steps in Cloudpermit. They know the documentation required to submit an application, the approval process and the anticipated timeline, the potential obstacles that may arise, the public participation process (Public Notice, if any), the application fees, related review fees, and permit fees.
- Click Create a New Application in your Dashboard.
- Click the Create a New Project tab.
- Type a name for your request.
- Click Next.
- Select the province|state, and municipalityto which you wish to create your pre-consultation request from the drop-down menus under the Location for the application view.
- Use the interactive map to point your property on the map, or type the property address/PIN/PID into the search field.
- Cloudpermit displays the matching property data on the right of the map.
- Click Next.
- Select Planning approval for the application type.
- Select category.
- The category includes application types, like Consent, Minor Variance, and Site Plan Approval shown in the example image below.
- The scope and proposed use are municipality-based. Each category type has a different scope and proposed use. If the municipality has preconfigured them, the scope and/or proposed use will show after selecting the category.
- The Good to know section under the category, scope, and proposed use for your application section provides you with more information about each selected category type.
- Usually, the pre-consultation phase is mandatory in the planning processes. However, there can be category types that do not require pre-consultation, but applicants are provided with the ability to request it.
- A note says that the selected application type requires a pre-consultation phase. Click Next.
- Check the inputted data. If you should make any edits to the provided data, click Back until you find the view to which you wish to make your edits.
- Once all is done, click Finish & Create.
- You will enter your Pre-Consultation request.
- You can invite parties, like planning consultants, property owners, and other professionals, to collaborate on your request and add attachments, like the site plan and other helpful documents, which will help planning authorities understand better your land development plans.
- See also the following articles: How to invite parties to the application, How to add attachments, and decide the file visibility.
- Some application types may require filling out the pre-configured pre-consultation form in the Project Data section.
- Click the Missing Mandatory Fields tab.
- Type a project description (mandatory) and select your availability dates/times in which you are available to discuss the project plans in the pre-consultation meeting.
- Once you have provided your information (also required by your municipality, like project data/attachments), ensure you have the Email notifications enabled (YES) to receive email notifications regarding the process. Click Request Pre-Consultation.
- You have successfully requested pre-consultation from your local government planning authority. The request status in the workspace header is now Submitted. Cloudpermit sends an automated email to you confirming the request submission. It also notifies you by email after your local government planning authority has started processing your pre-consultation request.
Receiving pre-consultation meeting invitation
The pre-consultation requires at least one meeting with all parties. The Municipal Planning Authority will create a meeting request and publish it in Cloudpermit. Applicants and all invited parties will be notified about it with meeting details via email.
- Cloudpermit has sent you an email notification regarding the meeting date and time. Open your mailbox. Find the email "A pre-consultation meeting has been confirmed" sent by Cloudpermit.
- Click the Open application link to enter your pre-consultation request in Cloudpermit.
- Scroll to Meetings in the Pre-Consultation workspace.
- Click the down-facing arrow on the left of the meeting title, and you will see the meeting invitation as a whole.
Receiving a result
The Municipal Planning Authority will publish a pre-consultation result in Cloudpermit. The result appears in the Result section of the pre-consultation workspace. All involved parties will receive an email notification regarding the published result.
- Open your mailbox. You have received an email from Cloudpermit "Pre-Consultation is published."
- Click the Open pre-consultation link.
- You will be redirected to the Pre-Consultation workspace in Cloudpermit.
- Scroll to Result to view the pre-consultation result.