See the video tutorial, "How to submit an application" to understand the application creation flow in Cloudpermit.
When you enter the "Application type, Project type, and Category" workspace during your application creation, follow the steps below for creating the conditional use permit application.
- Select "Land Use" for an application type in the "Application type, Project type, and Category" workspace.
- Select the "Conditional use permit" for the application "category".
- Choose the work type and target for your application and click "Next."
- Click the "Create a new project" tab and give a name for your project. Click "Next."
- Use the address, PIN, or PID to find the property. Furthermore, you can search for properties on the map by dragging your mouse on the map and clicking on the property. The property details are shown on the right. To proceed, click "Next."
- The "Summary" view summarizes your application input. Click "Finish & Create."
- You have entered the Conditional Use Permit application workspace.
- The "Show messages" link takes you to the message workspace of the application, where you can send a message to the municipal department (public message). You can also send direct messages to the selected recipient within your application. Read more about the "Messages" feature here.
- Cloudpermit enables email notifications in your application by default. You can disable the functionality if you do not want to receive email notifications when the status of your application changes.
The "Required Tasks" progress bar displays the steps to complete and submit your application.
- Fill out the required form in the "Application Data" section.
- When you're finished with the application data, you'll notice that all actions listed in the "Progress bar" have been completed. Navigate to the top of the application workspace and click "Sign Off Application."
- You'll be directed to the "Sign-Off" workspace. Scroll down to the section titled "Declaration and Signatures." This section contains the declarations that you must digitally sign.
- Click "Sign Off."
- You have now digitally signed off on the application. Certain types of land use permits may necessitate upfront payments from municipalities. In that case, once you have signed off on your application, the "Continue to Payment" button will appear. Click "Continue to Payment" to be taken to the "Fees & Payments" section.
- Your municipal department will instruct you on how to make the initial payment. These instructions are typically located near the top of the "Fees & Payments" section. If you are unsure how to pay, you can request more information from your municipal department by sending a message from your application workspace. Read the steps here.
- Click "Submit Upon Payment".
- Your application progresses to the "Payment" stage.
- The municipal department will confirm receipt of payment and mark the bill as "paid" in the "Fees & Payments" section of the application. The status of the application will then be changed to "Submitted." Following that will be the application review phase.