The video tutorial shows you how to create an application in Cloudpermit: "How to submit an application." You can use it as a base for creating the land use permit applications.
When you enter the "Application type, Project type, and Category" workspace during your application creation, follow the steps below for the zoning permit application.
- Select the category (zoning), work type and target for your project and click "Next."
- Click the "Create a new project" tab and give a name for your zoning permit project. Click "Next."
- Use the address, PIN, or PID to find the property. Furthermore, you can search for properties on the map by dragging your mouse on the map and clicking on the property. The property details are shown on the right. To proceed, click "Next."
- Your input for your zoning application is visible in the "Summary" view. Click "Finish & Create" to create the application workspace.
- You have now created a draft zoning permit application.
- The "Show messages" button takes you to the "Messages" workspace. It is a built-in feature that allows you to communicate with the municipal department from within your application. More information about the "Messages" feature can be found here.
- The "Email notifications" feature of Cloudpermit is enabled by default. You will be notified via email if the status of your application changes. You can turn it off at any time.
- The "Required Tasks" progress bar displays the actions in your application that must be completed. If there are any incomplete actions, they are highlighted in red. The color green indicates that the application is finished, and you can move on to the next step, application sign off and submission.
- Click "Sign Off Application."
- You are now in the "Sign Off" workspace. Navigate to the "Declaration and Signatures" section and click the "Sign Off" button to sign your application digitally.
- Your application has now been signed. The application type necessitates an upfront payment. Select "Continue to Payment."
- You will be directed to the application workspace's "Fees & Payments" section. The payment instructions are usually provided by the municipality in this section. If you need more information about the payment methods, use the "Messages" feature in the application header to contact your municipal department.
- Click "Submit upon Payment."
- Your application status has changed to "Payment." When you pay the fee, the municipal authority acknowledges it and moves the due fee to the "Paid" step. Your zoning permit application will then be submitted automatically. The "In Review" step will come next.