The Complaints and new case view manage the citizen complaints in Cloudpermit. Citizens make complaints about by-law enforcement violations on properties. They can reach out to the municipal by phone, email, word of mouth, or social media. However, sometimes, a complaint may not be valid.
The By-Law Enforcement Officer of the municipality validates each complaint and decides on its validity. The invalid complaints will be abandoned.
This article describes how to abandon an invalid complaint in the Complaints and new cases view. You can do it in two ways.
- Select, for example, Trash from the category types drop-down list. The status Open is selected by default.
- Cloudpermit displays the matching data on the map. Click the property pin on the map. The complaint card opens on the right.
- Click Abandon. It will change the complaint status to Abandoned.
You can filter abandoned complaints by selecting Abandoned from the drop-down list. The abandoned complaint can be reopened later.
- Filter by using the category types to narrow down the selection.
- Go to Results and select the complaint you wish to abandon.
- Click on the card.
4. Click Abandon.
The selected complaint is now abandoned. You can search for abandoned complaints by selecting the Abandoned status criteria under Filter. Cloudpermit displays the data matching the search criteria on the map and under Results.