How to make a complaint received outside of C loudpermit

By-law enforcement officers manage citizen complaints in the Complaints and new case view in Cloudpermit. The source of the complaint can be e.g. phone, email, municipal website, word of mouth, social media, or Cloudpermit public view. If the complaint is received outside of Cloudpermit, the municipality's by-law enforcement officer can record that complaint to Cloudpermit. 

This article describes how to make a complaint received outside of Cloudpermit.

  1. Click the Create New Case link under the By-law enforcement section. 
  2. You will enter the Complaints and new cases view. This view shows all open cases (the Status drop-down menu) by default.
  3. Search for the property by typing a property address or a roll number/PID/PIN in the search field. Cloudpermit displays the list of property addresses matching the search. 
  4. Select the property in the list and click Enter.
  5. Another way to find the property is to click and drag with the mouse on the map.
  6. After finding the desired property, a new complaint form opens on the right.
  1. In the Select Category section, click the category icon to which you want to make your complaint. Your municipality has preconfigured the available category selection.
  2. Fill out the required information (*) in the complaint form.
  3. Select the method of how the complaint has been received. If the complainant wishes to receive a response to the complaint, enable the option Response requested
  4. Click Submit.
  5. The complaint data is now recorded to Cloudpermit, and the complaint card appears under Results. 
  6. You can continue to make a new complaint or a case for it by clicking the options Create Complaint or Create Case on the right. Otherwise, click Close on the right to close the complaint.
  7. Click the complaint card under Results to view the property details, send a reply to the complainant, or edit the complaint.



Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.