After the Inspector has conducted the required inspection on-site, the inspection report will be available in the application workspace. Applicants will also receive an email notification about the inspection completion, including the inspection report. This report contains possible orders, deficiencies, and remarks the Inspector has recorded during the inspection.
If it is only a remark, the inspection can usually be passed. It must first be corrected if it is a deficiency until the inspection can be passed. In this case, the Inspector will record the order or deficiency in the inspection request and fail the inspection. After correcting the deficiency, applicants must request a new site visit for the failed one. Applicants will be notified via email about the deficiency or remark.
- Scroll to Inspections in the Work & Construction workspace. Select the completed inspection and click the OPEN link.
- You will enter the Inspection view. Scroll to Deficiencies & Remarks. This section contains all deficiencies or remarks recorded during the inspection. Inspectors may also have added photos about them in the Photos section. Remarks usually are not a reason for failing the inspection.
- If the inspection contains a deficiency, the inspection will be failed. Click the failed inspection under Inspections. Click the OPEN link.
- You will enter the selected Inspection view. Scroll to Deficiencies & Remarks. The deficiency is recorded in this section. The assigned Inspector may have added photos of the deficiency in Photos. The inspection has failed. The downloadable inspection report is saved under All Visits.
- Once the deficiency has been corrected, the Applicant will request a new visit to the site.