Authorities can set code enforcement cases as closed after all violations are corrected, inspections are passed, and outstanding payments are marked as paid. It happens in the Code Enforcement Case workspace.
If the "Set as Closed" button is inactive in the code enforcement case workspace, there are failed inspections or open violations in the inspection view that must be passed before closing the case.
This tutorial shows how to set the code enforcement case as closed.
- Scroll down to Violations & Remarks to check that all violations are corrected.
- Click the blue arrow to enter the inspection view.
- Scroll to Violations & Remarks.
- Return to the Code Enforcement Case workspace by clicking the address link under General Information.
- Scroll down to Fees & Payments to check that all fines (if any) are paid.
- Scroll up the Code Enforcement Case workspace and click Set as Close on the top right.
- Click Yes.
- The code enforcement case is now closed.