The Complaints and new case view manage the citizen complaints in Cloudpermit. Citizens can complain about code enforcement violations to which Code Enforcement Officers of municipalities create cases if complaints are valid.
If the complaint is valid, authorities create a case for it. An inspection request will be generated automatically during the case creation process. The inspection request will even be dispatched if the case contains enough information. Usually, the case includes only one inspection with multiple visits.
This tutorial will teach you two ways to create a case for the open complaint in the Complaints and new cases view.
- Select a category from the Category drop-down list.
- Select Open from the Status drop-down list.
- Cloudpermit displays the data matching the selection under Results.
- You will have two options to create a case for the complaint.
- Click on the selected complaint card (see the image above) to enter the complaint's detail view.
- Click Create Case.
- Fill out the case form:
- Select Priority (High, Normal, Low).
- Select the case category from the Category drop-down.
- Type a description of the case. Use the text edit tools to make highlights in your text.
- Select the correct alternative:
- In proximity of property (if not on the property)
- Non-owner violation (the property owner is not responsible for the violation)
- Enter a description of the location.
4. Click Create.
The above information will be displayed in the Case Description section in the Code Enforcement Case workspace.
5. The created case includes a first inspection by default. You can change the inspection's date and time, or assign it to the available inspector. Another way is to leave the inspection request as such by clicking Close.
6. Make your edits in the inspection request by choosing them from the drop-down menus.
7. Click Open the New Case.
- Click the selected property pin on the map in the Complaints and new cases view. The complaint card opens on the right.
- Click Create Case.
- Follow steps 3-7 in Option 1.