A mandatory "pre-consultation" phase is usually included in the planning process before submitting your planning approval application. During the application process, your municipality will notify you and direct you to the pre-consultation request workspace in Cloudpermit where you will fill out the request and submit it to your municipality's planning department.
You will begin the creation of your planning approval application by selecting "planning approval" as an application type. For certain approval application types, your municipal authorities have automatically scheduled a pre-consultation. Cloudpermit will notify you of the required pre-consultation once you have selected the category, scope, and proposed use for your approval application. You will be redirected to the draft pre-consultation request which includes instructions from your municipality on how to complete it.
- Click Create a New Application in your Dashboard.
- Give a name for your application and click Next.
- Select Province|State and Municipality from the drop-down menus under Location for the application.
- Enter the property's address or a roll number/PID/PIN into the search field. Cloudpermit displays the matching property address with other property details on the right-side panel. You can also click and drag on the interactive map and see the property address with further information on the right.
- Click Next.
- Select Planning approval for the application type.
- Select Project Type.
- Select Category, Scope, and Proposed Use. Note that some applications may not include the scope and proposed use selections.
Pre-consultation is required
- After you have selected the category, scope, and purpose of use, your municipality will notify you about the pre-consultation phase at the bottom of this view. Select "Next."
- Read the "Summary" that comprises the main points of your application. Click Finish & Create.
- You will enter the Pre-Consultation workspace. Fill out our pre-consultation request form according to the instructions provided by your municipality.
- See steps to fill out the pre-consultation request here.
Creating an approval application without a pre-consultation step
- SChoose a category, scope, and purpose of use. You will be asked if you want to participate in the pre-consultation.
- You will enter the "Summary" view that comprises your selections in the application. By default, the "I'm an applicant" option is selected. Click "Finish & Create."
- You will enter the approval application workspace to beging your approval application. Read all planning application related articles here.