Usually, the Planning process includes a mandatory Pre-Consultation phase before submitting your approval application. However, you will start your planning application creation in Cloudpermit by selecting a Planning approval as an application type. Your municipality authority has preconfigured a pre-consultation for some application types. Cloudpermit will inform you about the required pre-consultation after you have selected the category, scope, and proposed use for your approval application. After that, you will be automatically directed to the draft pre-consultation request with instructions from your municipality on how to fill out the request.
In this section, you will learn how to start your approval application which requires a pre-consultation.
- Click Create a New Application in your Dashboard.
- Give a name for your application and click Next.
- Select Province|State and Municipality from the drop-down menus under Location for the application.
- Enter the property's address or a roll number/PID/PIN into the search field. Cloudpermit displays the matching property address with other property details on the right-side panel. You can also click and drag on the interactive map and see the property address with further information on the right.
- Click Next.
- Select Planning approval for the application type.
- Select Project Type.
- Select Category, Scope, and Proposed Use. Note that some applications may not include the scope and proposed use selections.
- Approval applications usually require a pre-consultation before submission. Your municipality authority will notify you at the bottom of this view. Click Next.
- The Summary view comprises the main points of your application. Click Finish & Create.
- You will enter the Pre-Consultation workspace. Follow the instructions given by your municipality to fill out our pre-consultation request.
- See more pre-consultation process-related articles here.