Authorities can manage citizen complaints in the Complaints and new case view in Cloudpermit. The source of the complaint can be e.g. phone, email, municipal website, word of mouth, social media, or Cloudpermit public view. If the complaint is received outside of Cloudpermit, the municipality's Code Enforcement Officer can record that complaint to Cloudpermit.
In this section, you will learn how to make a complaint received outside of Cloudpermit.
- Click Create New Case under the Code enforcement section in your Dashboard.
- You will enter the Complaints and new cases view.
- Search for the property by typing a property address or a roll number/PID/PIN in the search field. Cloudpermit displays the data matching the search.
- Select the property in the list and click Enter.
- Another way to find the property is to click and drag with the mouse on the map. See more instructions for searching for properties in the Complaints and new cases view.
- After finding the desired property, a new complaint form opens on the right.
- In the Select Category section, click the category icon to which you want to make your complaint. Your municipality has preconfigured the available category selection.
- Fill out the mandatory information in the complaint form. It depends on the municipality's configuration.
- Description of the complaint
- Complainant name
- Complainant street address
- Complainant phone number.
- Select the method of how the complaint has been received. If the complainant wishes to receive a response to the complaint, enable the option Response requested.
- Click Submit.
- The complaint is now created. You can continue to create a new complaint or a case for the complaint by clicking the options Create Complaint or Create Case.