A permit is issued to both an applicant and a property owner, creating a permit set that identifies those in the roles. The applicant and/or property owner may change after issuing the permit. In that case, the "Transfer of Permit" option can be used instead of revoking and re-issuing the permit. The "Transfer of Permit" feature in Supplemental Permits will record these role changes.
In the "Work & Construction" phase, the applicant or the municipal authority can select the "Transfer of Permit" option from the "More Actions" drop-down menu in the workspace. The original application's data will be copied to this new supplemental application. The data from the initial application will remain in the application under "Related Workspaces."
Creating a transfer of permit supplemental application
- Navigate to the "More Actions" drop-down in the "Work & Construction" workspace and select "Apply for Transfer of Permit."
- Select "Yes."
- The new supplemental application workspace is currently in "Draft" mode. The "Required Tasks" progress bar shows the steps you must complete before submitting this supplemental application. The original building permit application workspace is at the top of the current supplemental application under "Related Workspaces."
Assigning party roles
You must identify both the new applicant and the new property owner.
- If the applicant and property owner are the same person and the person appears in the application, you can give the person new roles.
- If the new applicant and property owner are not assigned in the application, you must invite them, and they must accept the invitation to the system before they can access it.
- If the property owner was not invited initially, the person must now be invited to the permit transfer to sign the form.
This happens in the "Parties to the Application" section of the workspace. Read more about the roles of the invited parties here.
Filling out the required forms in the "Application Data" section
The "Required Tasks" progress bar shows you what to do before submitting your application. A red symbol indicates the required action. When you finish it, the color of the symbol changes to green.
Scroll down to the "Application Data" section and expand it. This section includes forms that all four roles (existing and new applicants, existing property owners, and new property owners) must sign off:
- Plans Resubmission form
- Transfer of Permit form
Plans Resubmission form
- Click on the form to enter the "Plans Resubmission" form. Describe shortly changes in your plans and sign off the form.
- You have now signed off on the plans resubmission form. Click "Back to Workspace" to return to the previous view.
Transfer of Permit form
- Click on the "Transfer of Permit Approval" form in the "Application Data" section. You will be taken to the "Transfer of Permit" form view. Now, before signing the form, you must decide, if you as an existing applicant and property owner remain in the application.
- Select "Yes" if you remove a party from the application.
- Select "No, this party will remain on the original application" if you stay in the application.
2. Click "Sign Off."
3. You have now signed off on the "Transfer of Permit Approval" request.
4. Both required forms for the transfer of permit have been signed off.
5. Your application is now complete, and it can be submitted to your municipal building department.
The status of your "Transfer of Permit" application has changed to "Submitted" after you submitted it to the municipal department.
If necessary, you can still withdraw your application. More steps can be found here.