Cloudpermit allows applicants to transfer the building permit to a new owner. The applicant must apply for it from the municipal building authority. Cloudpermit provides a guided step-by-step process in the same application used for applying for the permit.
This tutorial explains how to apply for the transfer of a permit to a new owner.
- Navigate to the More Actions drop-down at the top right in the Application workspace.
- Select Apply for Transfer of Permit.
- Select Yes.
- You have successfully created a draft supplemental building permit (transfer of permit) application. It appears in the Application workspace. The original application is under Related Workspaces.
- Scroll to Transfer of Permit.
- The Transfer of Permit Approval request contains parties to the application for a permit that will be either transferred to the new applicant or a new owner or removed from the application.
- Click the arrow to enter the approval request form.
- You must decide whether you grant a new applicant's permission or if you will remain on the original application.
- Select "Yes" if you remove a party from the application.
- Select "No", this party will remain on the original application if you stay in the application.
- Click Sign-Off.
- You have now signed off the Transfer of Permit Approval request.
- The municipal authority will review the request and include the result in the application.
- Click Back to Workspace to enter the Application workspace.
- Click Submit Application.
- The Transfer of Permit approval application is now submitted.