The Applicant has submitted the pre-consultation request to the municipality's planning department. The authority starts to review the request, project data, and provided plans.
Usually, the pre-consultation includes meetings between the proponents and the local government authorities. These pre-meetings allow applicants, authorities, and all stakeholders to provide preliminary comments on the development proposal and identify possible critical issues. They can also comment on the approvals required and confirm the supporting information, materials, and studies submitted with the planning application to be considered complete under the Planning Act.
- The Applicant has submitted the pre-consultation request.
- Filter applications by using the criterion "Requested (Pre-Consultation)." Cloudpermit displays the matching data in the Results section on a map or in a list view in your Dashboard.
- Start reviewing the request. See the project data and attachments, if any.
- Click Begin Pre-Consultation changing the request's step to In progress.
Adding a meeting request
- Scroll to Meetings and Add Meeting.
- Fill out the mandatory fields marked with a red Asterix.
- Click Save Changes.
- The draft meeting request is created. After publishing it (click Publish), the Applicant will receive an email notification regarding the meeting request.
- The scheduled meeting request is in the Meetings section. If you should delete the meeting request, click Delete Meeting. Also, the Applicant will receive an email notification about the cancellation.
- Once the meeting has been held, click Mark as Held. The Applicant receives an email stating the held meeting.
Adding a circulation request
Authorities may need to circulate the pre-consultation request to other organizations, like Fire or Gas Departments. The organizations are municipality-based, and they have been configured to Cloudpermit.
- Scroll to Circulation.
- Click Add Circulation Request+.
- Fill out the request and click Send Circulation Request. The request will be redirected to the selected organization.
Adding internal notes
The Internal Notes section is for municipal authorities. It is not visible to applicants. You can add notes regarding the process, which all municipal authorities working on the request will see.
- Scroll to Internal Notes.
- Click Add New Note+.
- Enter your notes and click Save.
- Your notes are saved in the section.
Adding pre-consultation result
Authorities record pre-consultation results in Cloudpermit. The result will be published to the Applicant once you complete the pre-consultation phase. The Applicant will also receive an email notification regarding the published pre-consultation result.
Creating a draft approval application
Authorities will create a draft approval application for applicants.
- Scroll up the workspace header and expand the More Actions drop-down.
- Select Create application draft.
- The Application workspace tab appears in the workspace.
- Click Application.
- Select the application in the Application Data section. It will automatically populate the required attachments to the application in the Attachments section.
Completing the pre-consultation process
- Click the Pre-Consultation tab.
- Click Complete Pre-Consultation.
- Click Yes.
- The pre-consultation is now completed. The Applicant has received an email notification about it and also published results.