Cloudpermit was built with inspectors and inspections in mind. More specifically, Cloudpermit provides authority users the freedom to decide on their own what types of inspections are required for different kinds of applications. Even better, when authority users configure Cloudpermit to their liking, Cloudpermit will automatically populate the appropriate types of inspections for different kinds of applications. Having said that, there are instances when inspectors may wish to add additional inspections to existing applications.
This article explains how inspectors can add additional inspections to applications under CONSTRUCTION STARTED status. If you wish to learn how to add inspections to applications under READY TO ISSUE status click here. If you wish to learn how to add inspections to applications under PERMIT ISSUED status click here.
How to Add Inspections to Construction Started Status Applications
- Log into Cloudpermit at ca.cloudpermit.com
- Scroll down to Applications
- Find the subject application
- Remember, the application must be under CONSTRUCTION STARTED status. To help you find the subject application faster, you can use Cloudpermit’s various built-in search tools. Construction Started applications technically fall into Permit Issued status. To learn how to use Cloudpermit’s built-in search features, click here.
- Once you find the subject application, click the address of the application which should be written in blue text. You will now be redirected to the application workspace
- You will automatically be redirected the WORK workplace
- Scroll Down Bottom of Inspections
- Click the Add Button
- The Add button is located at the bottom of the page and is circled in red on the image below.
- Select Inspection Type
- To do so, click the grey search bar under the Type and select the appropriate inspection type from the available options.
- Click Create Inspection
- Edit Inspection Description (optional)
- To do so, simply start editing the existing description. No need to save, Cloudpermit will automatically save for you.
- Input Due Date (optional)
- To do so, click the grey box under Due date
- Click Save