The process of creating a building application in Cloudpermit is guided. You will be given the appropriate application template based on your application category, work type, and target selection. Before applying, all application data marked with an asterisk (*) must be entered.
After you've created your draft application, you will be taken to the application workspace.
- The "Required Tasks" progress bar at the top of the application workspace displays the tasks that must be completed before moving on to the next step.
- A red symbol denotes each missing item in the application.
- When you provide the missing data, the red spots turn green, and you are ready to move on to the next step.
- Some application types may require signatures from people other than applicants. The "Required Tasks" progress bar describes these roles. If additional roles other than applicants are needed, the "Parties" spot will turn red, and the missing roles will be defined in the information label to the right of the progress bar.
- You can add yourselves the missing roles in the Parties to the Application" section. You can also invite those roles to your application. Read the support articles here.
- Next, navigate to the "Application Data" section. This section contains forms that you must complete. They are listed under "Waiting for Customer" tab.
- Select the form and click on it to redirect to the form workspace.
- Fill out the required fields denoted by a red asterix* in the form. Everything else is optional. Cloudpermit automatically saves your data in the form.
- To return to the application workspace, click "Back to Workspace" at the top left.
- You have now completed all of the necessary forms.
- Scroll down to the "Attachments" section. This application's required attachments are listed under "Required attachments."
- Drag and drop files into the "drag-and-drop zone" or upload them from your computer to add attachments to the application. Learn more about attaching files here. Cloudpermit converts all uploaded document types to the archviable PDF format.
- Navigate to the top of the application workspace. The progress bar for "Required Tasks" demonstrates that all required tasks have been completed (green) in the application workspace.
- Some application types may require applicants to sign the declaration of applicant form digitally. In that case, the application workspace will have a button "Sign Off Application."
- This example application doesn't require signatures, so it is now ready to be submitted to the municipal building department by clicking "Submit Application."