The application creation is a guided process in Cloudpermit. You will start the application creation from your Dashboard. You will name your application and select the province|state and municipality you wish to submit your application. You will either find your subject property by address and a roll number or point it on the interactive map with GIS technology. Depending on your application's category, work type, and target selection, Cloudpermit provides you with a correct application form to fill out and submit.
Using the Cloudpermit guided application creation, you will only submit the correct application and speed up its processing time in your municipality.
This tutorial will learn how to create a draft building permit application. The application is in the Draft step until the application data is completed, the application is signed off, and submitted.
- Click Create a New Application in your Dashboard.
- Select Create a New Project.
- Type a project name and click Next.
- You can select the property according to your province (state) and municipality using the drop-down menu selections in the Location for the application view. You can search for your property location by an address, a roll number, or click and drag the property on the interactive map. If the building project consists of more than one property, additional properties can be added to the application later.
- Select the province|state, and municipality from the respective drop-down menu.
- Locate the property on the map. There are three options to do it:
- Option 1: Use the subject property address.
- Option 2: Use the roll number of the subject property.
- Option 3: Click and drag on the map to locate the subject property.
- Start typing the property address into the search field.
- Cloudpermit provides you with a list of properties matching the typed address.
- Select the desired property address from the list and click Next.
- Start typing a property roll number into the search field.
- Cloudpermit provides you with a list of properties matching your roll number.
- Select the desired property from the list and click Next.
- Click and drag on the map. Zoom in and out using the + and - buttons on the top left of the map.
- Once you have found the desired property, click it on the map. Cloudpermit pulls you up relevant information regarding the property.
- Click Next.
- If no address is found for the selected property, click the blue link You can also enter property details manually.
- Fill out the required property details—fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are mandatory.
- Click Next.
- Select application type by clicking Building permit. The application selection view depends on your municipality's configurations.
- Select a project type.
- Select a category, work type, and work target. The selection depends on your municipality's configuration.
- If you require a pre-consultation, enable the switch toggle. After answering Yes will start a pre-consultation process instead of a permit application.
- Click Next.
- Check the given details in the Summary view. If you wish to revise any of the information you have entered so far, return to your application by clicking Back.
- Click Finish & Create.
- Your draft building permit application is ready. Your application is not yet completed or submitted. It remains in the Draft step in your application workspace until you submit it.
- Return to your Dashboard, and click Back to Dashboard.
- If you wish to complete the application data, sign it off and submit it right away; see instructions for completing the required data and signing off and submitting an application.