The application creation process in Cloudpermit is guided. The process will begin on your dashboard. You must give your application a name and choose the province, state, and municipality where it should be sent. Your subject property can be found by using an address and roll number, or by using municipality's Geographic Information System (GIS) technology to locate it on an interactive map.
Once you've chosen your province (state) and municipality, Cloudpermit will take you to the workspace where you can select the appropriate application form to complete and submit to your municipality's building authorities. The application data that must be entered is determined by the category, work type, and target selection of your application.
The guided application creation process ensures that you only submit the correct application with the necessary plans, reducing the processing time in your municipality.
- Click Create a New Application in your dashboard.
- Select the Create a New Project tab. Enter a project name and click Next.
- Using the drop-down menu selections in the "Location for the application" workspace, you can select the property based on your province (state) and municipality. You can find your property location by entering an address, a roll number, or by dragging the property on the interactive map. Additional properties can be added to the application later if the building project includes more than one property.
- Choose the province|state and municipality from the drop-down menus.
- Locate the property on the map. There are three options to do it:
- Option 1: Use the subject property address.
- Option 2: Use the roll number of the subject property.
- Option 3: Click and drag on the map to locate the subject property.
- Start typing the property address into the search field. Cloudpermit provides you with a list of properties matching the typed address.
- Select the desired property address from the list and click Next.
- Start typing a property roll number into the search field. Cloudpermit provides you with a list of properties matching your roll number.
- Select the desired property from the list and click Next.
- Click and drag on the map. Zoom in and out using the + and - buttons on the top left of the map.
- Once you have found the desired property, click it on the map. Cloudpermit pulls you up relevant information regarding the property.
- Click Next.
- If no address is found for the selected property, click the blue link You can also enter property details manually.
- Fill out the required property details marked with a red asterisk (*).
- Click Next.
- Select application type by clicking the "Building permit" symbol. The application type selection in this view depends on your municipality's configurations.
- Select a project type.
- Select a category, work type, and work target.
- Enable the switch toggle if you require a pre-consultation. Instead of submitting a permit application, answering "Yes" will initiate a pre-consultation process. Click "Next."
- Return to your application by clicking "Back" if you want to change any of the information you've entered so far. To continue with the application creation, click "Finish and Create."
- Until you submit your application, it will remain in the "Draft" step of your application workspace.
- Return to your dashboard by clicking Back to Dashboard.